Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sofia Coppola Impressed by Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart

“While the “Break­ing Dawn” director’s chair for both parts 1 and 2 is offi­cially occu­pied by Bill Con­don, “Twi­light” fans know that there were sev­eral other high-profile names attached to the project before Con­don signed on.




Among them was “Lost in Trans­la­tion” and “Marie Antoinette” direc­tor Sofia Cop­pola. When we caught up with the writer/director to dis­cuss her upcom­ing Chateau Marmont-set film, “Some­where,” we asked her if there was any truth to the “Dawn” direc­tor rumors.



“Yeah, yeah, I talked to them about that,” Cop­pola revealed to MTV News. “I was inter­ested in doing some­thing but I didn’t end up doing it. But I love, I’m impressed by Kris­ten Stew­art and Robert Pat­tin­son pulling it off in that whole story,” she said. “And my friend’s kids love the story so much that I thought it would be fun to make some­thing that they love so much.”



Asked what she liked best about the block­buster vam­pire fran­chise, Cop­pola admit­ted she goes weak in the knees for romance.



“I just love that it’s so roman­tic,” she told us. “I’m always a sucker for a love story and also to do some­thing for teenagers, because I feel like, why not have beau­ti­ful cin­e­matog­ra­phy and all these things in a kid movie? Usu­ally it looks like it’s not crafted very sophis­ti­cated, and I feel like it’d be nice to bring that kind of style into a younger film.”




MTV ThinkingOfRob

No comments:

Post a Comment