Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stephenie Meyer Takes 'Breaking Dawn' Rated R Debate into Her Own Hands

Stephenie Meyer is stepping forward in the midst of the Breaking Dawn should-it-or-should-it-not be rated R debate. And guess what she's saying? She'll be there every day to make sure the movie accurately reflects her vision as the movie's latest producer.



"It's really a lot about being...in the room," the Twilight author confides. "And it's going to be a lot of upheaval in my life, but I felt like it was important. And then also, it's the last one. So I kinda feel like, I'm going to commit to this for this year, I'll get it done, and then I won't do that again."



The suits at Summit still claim they can do the book justice without creating an R-rated movie. Producer Wyck Godfrey reveals, "I'm unwavering in my belief that these will be PG-13 movies. And really, I say that not because I know what we're shooting but because I feel that they should be. I feel like the audience of the books and the movies, many of them are under 18...I can't make an R-rated conclusion to the franchise."


Not to mention that Stephenie's Mormon faith counsels against watching R-rated movies. So she'll probably want to keep it PG-13 anyway.


The Team Edward vs. Team Jacob battle may continue on, but it's looking like Team PG-13 has it in the bag.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment